As you’ve probably figured out, this is the brand new home of Everybody Likes Sandwiches. Everything has been primped and gussied up and I think we did a bang-up job. The we being me who did the design and illustration side of things (plus all the long long days of categorizing and formatting over five years of posts) and my fantastic husband who did all the coding and back end programming. He created a custom WordPress template just for me and I couldn’t be happier.
Besides all the great old content and recipes that were on my old Blogspot blog, there’s a few new things here to whet your whistle. Great things like:
- A brand new search feature! So search away to your hearts content!
- A fantastic new recipe index that actually updates itself instead of me manually updating months later!
- Think you know me & this blog? Well, now you do with my new About page. How cool!
- A comprehensive FAQ page with all the questions you’ve been asking answered.
- You can now receive Everybody Likes Sandwiches posts by email by signing up on the sidebar. This is great for people checking at work in case your employer blocks the site and you can also be confident that I will never use your email for any other purpose. And you can unsubscribe anytime. Options people!
- An updated Blogroll with lots of my favorite sites from the food world and beyond.
- And lots more cool little things to discover while browsing around.
Of course there’s a few things that still need to get done around here – like adding a custom print style sheet so that you can print out all the recipes in style, a recipe conversions page and a few other miscellaneous bits and bobs. Oh and here’s a little public service announcement if you are an Internet Explorer 6 user: IE6 is outdated and while this site will look decent on it, why not update to a better browser? Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox or even IE8 are all better options. Us web designer types hate IE6 and to make the web a better & safer experience you will want to make the switch.
Unfortunately a few things got lost in the move….like comments on certain posts. Only a few posts were affected, so I figure it’s just a small price to pay. I’m still looking for the tail top lid to my ceramic squirrel cookie jar 3 years after moving apartments. Thems the breaks.
Got any feedback or criticisms? Leave me a comment! And most definitely please let me know if you encounter a dead link or some other kind of crazy error as you check things out. I’ve spent a lot of time going over everything but with five years of posts I’m sure that I’ve missed a few things along the way. Please update your RSS feeds (see the lil’ orange birdie to your right?) and if you do link to this blog on your own site or on some online bookmarking site, please update to the new address. Thanks.
So now that this introduction is out of the way, I’ll be getting back to all the regular recipes and food posts you’ve come to expect. Take your shoes off and stay awhile!